Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red Riding Hood Movie


So, I've just finished watching Red Riding Hood, the movie.
I read the book before the movie, and for those of you who haven't read my review, it's just here

^^^^^^ read before continuing :)

Ok. I repeat. ON. A. HUNCH!
I still can't get over that, and I probably never will.
Gah! I just can't believe she did that! She just--wait. I better stop or the majority of this post will be on Valerie's stupidity/ rashness/ brainlessness **deeps breaths**

So, I'm not sure which came first, the movie or the book... but I just want to say that half the book was cut out from the movie or the other way around if the book was adapted from the movie... I understand that in order for the movie to fit within the time limits, it needed to cut out stuff from the book. Yes. that is wholly acceptable. I wouldn't say that I liked the movie a lot, but i sure do prefer it to the book.

The movie was alright I suppose, though I found myself admiring the scenery more than the actual actors and acting.
But let me just say, the sets were gorgeous! the end credits were breathtaking! I absolutely love how the vivid red of Valerie's Hood contrasts with the snow, and the length of the fabric twisted in the wind. **sigh** gorgeous.
Me wants a red cloak :)

The acting was pretty average, nothing that would make your eye-balls pop out. But then again, this is coming from someone admiring the sets. :)
I do like how it all comes together in the end though, much more tidy than the endless-book. The flashes of memory, the ominous music, the gravelly voice of the father, these are things that the book couldn't quite show.

ok. that is all, if you have read the book I recommend watching the movie to compare.
If you've watched the movie, how'd you feel about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) they make me happy. Comment away!
Any spam comments will be deleted though.