Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

I've been Tagged!

eeeeeeeeeee...As the post title suugests. I've been tagged by Vivian at Vivaciously Vivian. **dun dun duuuuun**
I've never been tagged before... and I'm extremely excited to answer all these questions :)
and so without further ado:

The Rules:
1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for in their post.
2. Create 11 questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you tagged them.
5. Include these rules and the person who tagged you in your post.
Much like Vivian, I'm changing the 3rd rule because I don't know that many people...

So. Vivian's questions:
If there is a book (or series) that you wish just had one more book written that follows the first, what would it be?
Oooh.. tough question, I'd have to say Grave Mercy by R.L LaFevers, this is a book that I've JUST finished reading and it's still fresh in my head, I'd like another book that follows the same main character as the one in the first because from what I've gathered the next book will be on another character and I'm still quite curious about the first.

Your favourite YA book cliche? What do you like about it? e.g. love triangles, vampires, etc.

YA cliche... hmmm... I've got to say the whole mysterious boy shows up to a new school/ town/ city etc. The concept has been completely exhausted and it's completely hilarious, but somehow I still find the idea appealing... but hey. that's just me.

Do you remember your very first book review? Which book was it for?
I have absolutely no idea... if I had to take a wild guess it would be for something I enjoyed... or perhaps not... I really can't remember. But I will say that the first review on my book blog was Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard.

How many hours do you spend blogging/reading blog posts per day?
It really depends on what I've got to do really... normally about one or two hours a day... and longer on the weekends, but then my entire schedule goes haywire when I've got exams or anything like that so it's really difficult to say.

Is there something for books that you absolutely do not tolerate? (for example, I don't tolerate excessive swearing)
I'm not sure really. There isn't really anything that I absolutely positively don't tolerate... there are a couple of things that do put me off though, one of which would be a weak pathetic protagonist. Sure, I perfectly happy if they grow with the book, gain strength etc, but if they remain the same pathetic excuse of a character it's just a no go.

A book that you'd like to see made into a movie! Any actors/actresses you wish would play certain characters?
I'm not sure if I actually want my favourite books to be made into movies... there is always this fear that the movie's going to turn out terrible. But, if the book were made into a completely perfect and utterly awesome movie I'd have to say The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Ash... *sigh*
I don't really have any actors in mind because non of them look like the image I picture in my head.

What is one of your peculiar fears or a pet peeve?
This is going to sound so odd, but I can't stand skin. Not like human skin contact or fruit skin... but meat skin... like the skin on chickens, ducks etc. I just can't stand the little bumps on them... and the hair sometimes **gags**

In some of your favourite authors, what do you admire the most in them?
I've got to say the way they can create a world so original and exciting that it can take you away from the present, and leave thoughts lingering long after you've finished. I just love books like that. I've also got to admire the strong characters that they create and the way their writing can draw such strong feelings from you, such as say depression when you favourite character dies... yeah.. that kinda sucks.

Your favourite ice-cream flavour is~?
BUBBLEGUM!!! yummmmmmmy

If you were to magically appear in a book and aid the protagonist along with his/her journey through the book, which book would it be?
Graceling by Kristin Cashore, of course there are many books that I would just as eagerly "go" to but this was one of the first that came to me so, this one it is!

Would you see yourself blogging 5 years from now? 10?
I actually really don't know... If it were up to me then yes, but hey, there are many things that may come up in life but one thing I know for sure is that I'll keep on reading (i love it far too much) and as long as I read, I'll blog and review... where else can I rant about the main character?? :D

So. Those are my answers. I have tagged:
Mary @ BookHounds
Jess @ Rainy Saturdays
Wendy @ The midnight Garden
Jenna @ Coffee Books and Me
Uniquely Moi @ Uniquely Moi Books
Amber @ Fall Into Books
Kate @ Kate's Blog

My Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you have a crush on any book characters? If so, who and from which book?
3. If you could step into a book and live in that time/ place, which would it be?
4. Have you even finished a book crying because it was so good? Which one? (don't tell us why if it might spoil the book, in case we decide to read it)
5. Is there a book or series that you wished you could have written yourself before the author had thought of the idea?
6. Because there are so many gorgeous covers out there, did you ever read a book with a gorgeous cover but absolutely horrid story? which book?
7. What is the latest time you've stayed up to finish a book? (this blog IS called Far Past Midnight after all :P)
8. If all the books in the world were being burnt (Heavens NO!) and you could save one, yes, ONE book, what would it be?
9. In one word, describe yourself.
10. If you could ask a book character one question, who would you ask, and what would it be?
11. And finally. If you could write yourself into a story and kill off one character, who would it be and why?

taa-daa!
Thank you again to Vivian, and I hope you enjoy my answers :)

1 comment:

I love comments :) they make me happy. Comment away!
Any spam comments will be deleted though.